Norton Fitzwarren Junction

Technical drawing numbers
S735/1Record of amendments
S735/2Locking sketch
S735/3Mechanical locking table
S735/4Detection table
S735/5Electrical control table
S735/6Dog chart
S735/7Lever leads
S735/12Box diagram

A new type 31 box of 89 levers was built at Norton Fitzwarren Junction in 1932, extended in 1936 to accommodate a frame of 131 levers. The diagram below shows the layout between 1943 (when the Down Goods Running Loop was brought into use) and 1952 (when FPL bars on 78/91/94 were replaced by a track circuit).

The dog chart (and derived locking table) show the position after amendment J, when the changes for amendment H were also implemented. A locking table showing the position prior to 1952 is also given, using 'locks off' notices dated 15th August 1952 (lever 91 removed), 18th May 1953 (amendment 'B') and 7th December 1960 (showing the change from revision 'B' to 'J')."
‹‹UP  Click below to move to adjacent box  DOWN››
Silk Mill Crossing  ——  This box   ——  Milverton
Bishops Lydeard
Victory Sdg

The diagram below is a low-resolution version to indicate the content: a full-resolution 'pdf' file has been published on CD-ROM (GW/SR West of England). The full-resolution image may be opened by clicking on the image below.

This page last updated on 5th September 2011.