SRS Logo    The Signalling Record Society


Home Page    Other County Lists    Railway Company Lists

Industrial & Private Lines: Clackmannanshire

Signal Fact 28

A fully interlocked lever frame controlling points and related junction signals was installed at Kentish Town Junction in 1860.

It was designed by Austin Chambers who worked for the North London Railway.

This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.

County pages contain details of Industrial and other Private lines that do not form part of any of the principally listed companies on this web site. RailRefs generally remain un-numbered in the county lists.

In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -

RailRef The Line Code used in RailRef system.
Line Detail The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!
SBR The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.
ELR The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.

RailRef Line Detail SBR ELR

ENTRIES BELOW ALL HAD THEIR OWN LOCOMOTIVES

Bannockburn Colliery, Stirlings
Off
NS840889. John Geddes & Co by 1854 - 1857; then Alexander Geddes until 1858; then Alexander Geddes Heirs until c1866; then Mrs Hunter in 1886; then Alloa Coal Co by 1902.
   

Devon Colliery, Sauchie
Off
NS898958. Alloa Coal Co Ltd; then NCB 1947. Colliery closed 1960, briquestting plant remained in operation.
   

Tillicoultry Colliery, Clackmannan
Off
NS929964. Clackmannan Coal Co until 1902; then Alloa Coal Co Ltd; then NCB 1947. Closed 1957.
   

Killiebank Works, Alloa
Off
NS 875 925. Alloa Glass Ltd. Closed for production 1965, now despatching point for bottles made elsewhere in Alloa.
   

Cambus Distillery, Cambus
Off
NS 854 942. Distillers Co Ltd.
   

Glenochil Yeast Factory, Menstrie
Off
NS 858 965.
   

Forth Paper Mills, Kilbagie
Off
NS 929 898. J A Weir Ltd. Railtraffic ceased 1967.
   

Alloa Glass Bottle Works
Off
George Younger & Sons Ltd, brewers.
   

Forthbank Colliery
Off
NS 8903 9147. Alloa Coal Company until 1947; then NCB. Closed 1958.
   

Glenochil Colliery, Alloa
Off
NS 8727 9600. Closed 1962.
   

Tulligarth Sidings
Off
Between Kincardine Junction and Forest Mill station. Closed 1956.
   

 




Page last modified Thursday, 7th January, 2021, 15:09 hours.
Entire site copyright © 2008–2021 The Signalling Record Society. All rights reserved.
A Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales.
Registered Charity Number 1176506.