The Signalling Record Society
Industrial & Private Lines: Northumberland
Signal Fact 25
Bricklayerâ€™s Arms Junction in South London was controlled by a succession of no less than six signal boxes between 1843 and 1975.
Remote control from London Bridge PSB followed, and transfer to Three Bridges ROC takes the total to eight.
This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.
County pages contain details of Industrial and other Private lines that do not form part of any of the principally listed companies on this web site. RailRefs generally remain un-numbered in the county lists.
In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -
|RailRef||The Line Code used in RailRef system.|
|Line Detail||The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!|
|SBR||The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.|
|ELR||The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.|
(Ritton) Whitehouse Colliery & Quarry
Whitehouse CollieryWhitehouse Colliery (405375 594850): owners in 1880s F & W Armstrong, 1900s Ewesley Quarry Co Ltd. Abandoned 1902.
Whitehouse Lime Works (405275 593904) and Quarry: dates unknown.
Colliery - Sidings and Lime Works - Quarry marked as 'tramway' on OS maps.
ENTRIES BELOW ALL HAD THEIR OWN LOCOMOTIVES
Seaton Delaval Colliery
NZ299763, 55° 4' 49" N, 1° 31' 51" W. Opened 1838, closed 1960.