SRS Logo    The Signalling Record Society


Home Page    Railway Company Lists    County Lists

RailRef Line Codes TC

Signal Fact 40

In 1889 the Great Eastern Railway commissioned the first electro-pneumatic signalling installation at Granary Junction.

Rotary levers were used to operate the various functions.

Timoleague & Courtmacsherry Light Railway

This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.

In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -

RailRef The Line Code used in RailRef system.
Line Detail The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!
SBR The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.
ELR The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.

RailRef Line Detail SBR ELR
TC001 Ballinscarthy to Courtmacsherry
Ballinascarthy Junction ZS001
Skeaf
Timoleague
Courtmacsherry
Courtmacsherry Pier
   

 




Page last modified Wednesday, 17th March, 2021, 12:03 hours.
Entire site copyright © 2008–2021 The Signalling Record Society. All rights reserved.
A Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales.
Registered Charity Number 1176506.