The Signalling Record Society
RailRef Line Codes CR
Signal Fact 9
On the opening of the London & Croydon Railway in 1836, a rotatable disc signal was used to indicate which way the points were set at Corbett's Lane Junction.
The company was incorporated 12th July 1858 then worked by Imperial Tramways from 1878. It was vested in the Great Western Railway 4th June 1930.
Published article: Steam World July 1983.
This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.
In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -
|RailRef||The Line Code used in RailRef system.|
|Line Detail||The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!|
|SBR||The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.|
|ELR||The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.|
8m43c Ratgoed Quarry
|CR002||Corris Railway Branch to Abercwmeiddaw Quarry
1m61c Abercwmeiddaw Quarry
|CR003||Machynlleth - Cei Ward, Derwenlas
Routed via roadways, closed 1863 in favour of Cambrian Railway route.