The Signalling Record Society
RailRef Line Codes CV
Colne Valley & Halstead Railway
Signal Fact 45
Yellow arms and lights for distant signals were first introduced in 1907 by the Metropolitan District Railway.
The Metropolitan Railway introduced their first ones in 1908.
This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.
In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -
|RailRef||The Line Code used in RailRef system.|
|Line Detail||The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!|
|SBR||The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.|
|ELR||The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.|
|CV001||Chappel Junction to Haverhill
50m29c Chappel Junction GE220(1) originally Colne
(2) originally Ford Gate, later Colne
(3) originally Castle Headingham; now Castle Hedingham
60m20c - 61m03 now Colne Valley Railway