The Signalling Record Society
Industrial & Private Lines: Argyll
Signal Fact 42
The London & South Western Railway resignalled their four track main line between Woking and Basingstoke in 1904.
The installation used semaphore signals mounted on gantries spaced equidistant from one another so far as possible.
The system remain in use until superseded by four aspect colour light signals in 1967.
This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.
County pages contain details of Industrial and other Private lines that do not form part of any of the principally listed companies on this web site. RailRefs generally remain un-numbered in the county lists.
In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -
|RailRef||The Line Code used in RailRef system.|
|Line Detail||The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!|
|SBR||The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.|
|ELR||The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.|
ENTRIES BELOW ALL HAD THEIR OWN LOCOMOTIVES
Ben Cruachan Granite Quarries Ltd, Lochawe
Quarry(NN) 213285 728235. Closed 1910.