SRS Logo    The Signalling Record Society


Home Page    Railway Company Lists    County Lists

RailRef Line Codes WS

Signal Fact 37

Colour light signals were introduced for the first time in 1904 with the opening of the Great Northern & City Railway.

Although automated, they were lit by oil and had 'moving spectacles'.

Woodside & South Croydon Railway (LBSCR, SER)

This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.

In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -

RailRef The Line Code used in RailRef system.
Line Detail The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!
SBR The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.
ELR The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.

RailRef Line Detail SBR ELR
WS001
LB101
SE019
Woodside Junction - Selsdon Road Junction
datum Charing Cross via Lewisham
12m20c Woodside Junction SE007
13m68c Coombe Lane
14m40c Selsdon Road
14m48c Selsdon Road Junction CO001
  WDS

 




Do you find this web site useful? If so, why not become a member of the Society

Page last modified Wednesday, 17th March, 2021, 12:03 hours.
Entire site copyright © 2008–2024 The Signalling Record Society. All rights reserved.
A Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales.
Registered Charity Number 1176506.