The Signalling Record Society
RailRef Line Codes DA
Dundee & Arbroath Joint Railway
Signal Fact 5
The first semaphore signal for the direct control of trains was erected at New Cross on the London & Croydon Railway in late 1841.
This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.
In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -
|RailRef||The Line Code used in RailRef system.|
|Line Detail||The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!|
|SBR||The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.|
|ELR||The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.|
Part Closed (B)
|Dundee East - St Vigeans Junction
0m00c Dundee East(1) aka Dundee East No.2 Gates.
(2) Brought Ferry Gray Street until 1887; Broughty Ferry from 1926.
(3) Barry until 1908.
(A) Opened: Dundee East - Roodyards 1840, Roodyards - Craigie 1839, Craigie - Geordiesburn 1838, Geordiesburn - Arbroath Junction 1847, Arbroath Junction - St Vigeans 1838.
(B) Closed: Dundee East - Camperdown 1959.
ECN3 Camperdown Junction - St Vigeans Junction
|Dundee Dock Street - Camperdown Junction|
|Broughty West Curve
Broughty Pier Junction DA001
|Broughty Pier Branch
0m39c Broughty Pier
|Carmyllie - Elliot Junction
5m52c Carmyllie Quarry
|Original Line to Arbroath Ladyloan
15m75c Geordiesburn Junction DA001