The Signalling Record Society
RailRef Line Codes PD
Signal Fact 73
The first installetion of the Sykes Lock & Block system was at Cambria Junction on the London, Chatham & Dover Railway in May 1876.
The Lock & Block system was used by that railway and also by the London, Brighton & South Coast Railway, the South Eastern Railway and the Great Eastern Railway.
Away from the London area, the system was used by the Hull & Barnsley Railway.
Princes Dock Joint Railway (CR, GSWR, NBR)
This page should be regarded as “Work in Progress”. The webmaster will welcome additional information for this page.
In the list below the information is set out in tabular form, spread over four columns. The column entries are -
|The Line Code used in RailRef system.
|The principal locations included within the Line Code. They are arranged in 'down' direction order. Locations shown are primarily stations and junctions to allow easy cross check against published atlases. Signal box names appear in italics where these are 'intermediate' to stations or have been shown to facilitate links from other pages on this web site. The inclusion of a station or junction name does not imply that there was always a signal box of that same name!
|The section reference used in the relevant Signal Box Register published by the Society.
|The corresponding Engineer's Line Reference(s). This will be blank for railways that never came within British Railways terms of reference. It will also be blank where British Railways had no surviving responsibility for infrastructure at the time the ELR system came into use.
|Princes Dock Goods Branch
0m00c Princes Dock Branch Junction GP005(B) Closed: Princes Dock Junction - Govan Engineering 1972, Govan Engineering - Princes Dock 1970.